Everyday we learn new things and the best thing about learning is that nobody can take it away from you. Here are 16 things I have learnt on my journey to personal excellence.
1.The electromagnetic field created by the human heart is actually 5,000 times more powerful than the one created by the human mind.
People can actually feel that field 5 to 10 feet away from you. It means that no matter how smart you think you are, you can't fake caring.
2. Happiness doesn't depend upon who we are or what we have; it depends solely upon what we think.
3. Our lives are not determined by our conditions but by our decisions. At all stages in life, we have a choice in how we are affected by events. It's not the event itself that affects us emotionally. What affects us is how we respond to the event.
4. Live in the now... The past is over and the future is not yet here. The point of power is always in the present moment. Changes can begin in this moment.
5. When we think that everything is going wrong, it usually isn't. We just can't see the whole picture. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world the master calls a butterfly.
6. Be grateful for all that we have in life. There is always, always, always something to be grateful for. When it rains look for rainbows, when it's dark look for the stars.
7. Celebrate little milestones... Don't discount them for the big picture.
8. Stop pushing the door so hard to look for happiness, it opens inwards.
9. Monsters don't live under the bed, they live inside our head.
10. We do not see the world as it is, we see the world as we are.
11. Trials and tribulations are not: Permanent, they pass. Personal, they happen to others too. Pervasive, are not in all parts of our life. So be realistic, find a hand to hold and take one day at a time
12. Change is the only constant in life. Be curious about what it could teach you. Take one day at a time and live with purpose, practicality and optimism. Life-changing relationships and opportunities can appear when we least expect them.
13. When pushed, pull; when pulled, push; and when a force comes toward you, get out of the way.
14. Flexibility enables us to enjoy situations that might once have troubled us, such as changes in fortunes or the ending of relationships. Some- times flexibility means staying aware of both sides of issues or events but focusing on the more positive side of any difficulty. For example, as painful as the breakup of a relationship may be, it opens up the space for new opportunity, new love.
Cats are masters of the Law of Flexibility: When a cat wants to walk out the door but someone is blocking its way, it tries to go one way, then another, and then another; it is persistent, but it also knows
when to sit back, relax, and wait for another opportunity. Like cats, we don't have to waste energy resisting or fretting over cirrumstances we can't avoid.
15. A memory game - Forget everything you hate about yourself. Remember everything you love about yourself. Play daily.
16. Sometimes the only mode of transport available is a leap of faith.